Saturday, March 21, 2015

Playlist

Live

March 14, 2015
Coppice - Joseph Kramer and Noé Cuéllar
John Teske and Neil Welch
Mathieu Ruhlmann and Joda Clément
Chapel Performance Space, Good Shepherd Center, Seattle

Coppice visits from Chicago.

narrative of how this presence arose from self-assembling parts
rhythm of emergence within
ping pong!
or shuttle warp shuttle woof
hollow spaces inside opacity
near and far

John and Neil visit from around here

An accident of where I was sitting gave rise to an interesting acoustic phenomenon. All the unvoiced noises that Neil produced (breathiness, keyclicks, etc.) were quite distinctly coming from the windows to my right, and not from Neil, who was standing slightly to my left. Always great to hear these two listening to each other, closely focused on a narrow field.

Mathieu and Joda visit from Vancouver, if I heard correctly.

campfire or burble brook or rill or runlet
or electro-mysterious sounds revealed to be familiar
by their dynamic shapings
at home with artifact
all over a quiet slowly flanging harmonic bed
tuning in - losing - gaining - signal
rhythms like us in the context of
rhythms like the world


In Session at the Tintinabulary

March 15, 2015
Transverse Flute 150315
Transverse Flute 150315 folded
Transverse Flute 150315 folded rubbed - Keith Eisenbrey

I have been on a sabbatical from writing down notes for almost a year now, and although I have written some pieces during this time it has only been upon request or (in the case of J) when the piece was essentially already written at the moment of its imagining. However I haven't been exactly silent, each week taking up another instrument (mostly guitars) and recording a solo improvisation. This week's instrument is a wood flute I found 10 or more years ago at a street fair.

Half a Bus Closer to Home - Karen Eisenbrey

Karen sang some additional backing vocals for this St. Rage song.

Atomatone 150315
Atomatone 150315 folded over
Atomatone 150315 folded under - Keith Eisenbrey

While the microphone was set up I recorded some dinking around on this little noisemaker that my oldest son gave me for my last birthday. I dropped the pitch digitally and folded it in thirds.

30th Anniversary Viola and Bow
March 16, 2015
Banned Telepath 30 150316 Seattle
Banned Telepath 30 150316 Somerville
Banned Rehearsal 881 150316 - Karen Eisenbrey, Keith Eisenbrey, Steve Kennedy, and Neal Kosály-Meyer (in Seattle); and Aaron Keyt (in Somerville)

I finally got down to Trading Musician to spend the money we made at our 30th Bannediversary show last June. $20 bought a viola with a crack in the soundboard, $30 bought a bow, and $3 bought some resin. Aaron played tin whistle in Somerville.

No comments:

Post a Comment